My Top ten favourite places to eat in London

Saturday

Living in London is definitely not good for my waistline. It seems as if there is a new restaurant or cafe opening every week, and of course, I want to try them all! Whether you are into chains, boutique type 'pop-ups', street food, foreign cuisine, or elaborate desserts, there is something for everyone.

Here are a few of my favourite places to eat when I am out and about in London.



g
1. Jalisco - Brixton I love Mexican food, not Texmex, or 'fake'xican...  traditional Mexican food and this place is perfect. I was introduced to this place by a friend of mine a few years ago and now it is my go-to place whenever I am in Brixton!

2. The Diner - So this is a small chain with a few locations across London, they offer American type food; burgers, fries, hot dogs, Mac & Cheese,  all day breakfasts, and have a great selection of cocktails and drinks shipped in from the US! The service is always great, the staff are always friendly, and they offer a whole other vegetarian and vegan menu. They are also really accommodating to people with special dietary requirements. Speaking of dietary requirements, did you see my last post?




j
3. Donut Time, China Town - If you want an elaborately decorated doughnut then Donut Time is the place for you. The doughnuts themselves are a little subpar, but they are so pretty, and the flavours are pretty unique too. My favourite one is Bellatwix Lestrange: chocolate glaze, covered in chocolate flakes, biscuit crumbs, and a Twix! I love it so much, and omg, now I want one.

4. Camden Market - You can pretty go on an around the world the journey with food here, and if you're lucky, you can get a whole bunch of free samples! My favourite option is always pizza, giant slices for as little as £1.50!

5. Goodmans, Bank - Hands down the best steak restaurant in London. A stone's throw away from Bank Station and right in the heart of London - it has a great atmosphere and the staff are so attentive. Though I did not that my waitress was told off by another member of staff because I poured my own water. I could tell that she was busy and I figured it would be one less thing for her to worry about!

6. Bodeans - As far as I am aware this is a small BBQ chain based in London. I have been to the one in Covent Garden and the one in Soho. The Soho location offers more of a casual dining experience, shared tables, order your food, at the counter that kind of thing. The Covent Garden location is a little more upmarket with a wider menu - not just burgers and brisket.

7.  NY FOLD, Soho  - Okay, if you love pizza, then you need to go to NY Fold. It is located on the Charring Cross Road, somewhere between Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and Tottenham Court Road Station. Think of dollar pizza slices you can buy all over the place in New York, only more classy. They have a wide array of flavours and offer great deals if you buy more than one slice!

8. Red Iron Grill, Uxbridge - If you happen to find yourself lurking out at the other end of the Metropolitan line, Uxbridge to be specific, then you HAVE to go to Red Iron. It has changed a lot over the years, but the food is always impeccable. They offer both casual and formal dining serving up juicy beef burgers, succulent steak, salads, milkshakes, and the worlds best onion rings.

Mummykins enjoying her milkshake at Red Iron


9. The Raj, Uxbridge - Once again, if you ever venture away from the hustle and bustle of Central London, and you all of a sudden get a craving for Indian Food, The Raj is the place to go. Authentic Indian Cuisine, friendly staff, intimate setting... and the prices are not outrageous either!


10. Lady Dinahs Cat Emporium, Shoreditch - Afternoon Tea with cats, need I say more? This is Londons first and possibly only Cat Cafe! Bookings are made months in advance so you might want to pull your tail out from between your legs and book now!





WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO EAT IN LONDON?

If you're looking for somewhere new to eat, then you should totally look at Squaremeal, it's a great site that helps you find the perfect dining location, no matter what the occasion.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing this post on your social media platforms, or buying me aKo-fi 

Buying me a Ko-fi not only shows your support but allows me to continue doing what I love on an almost regular basis. 






*This post was written in collaboration with Squaremeal, however all content and opinions are my own. 

4 comments

  1. I NEED to go to the cat place! Despite living close to London, I never go there anymore because I hate it but when I used to go loads when I was a teen, Camden market's street food was always on the agenda! The sweet and sour chicken from the stalls is the best in literally the whole world haha!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camden Market was my home away from home when I was a teen, the amount of money I spent there... I should be a shareholder, haha!

      Delete
  2. This is such a handy post to read for anyone heading to or already living in London, I definitely want to go back soon.. especially after reading some of these! That Mac N Cheese looks incredible :)

    Great post!

    Kate | www.katelovesx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider my stomach as doing a service for the rest of the world. Not everyone has the opportunity to swan around London whenever they feel like, so I am doing the groundwork for them!

      Delete

Please leave a comment here!