I Finished my Degree, so I Treated Myself // A Haul

Wednesday

In celebration of finishing my degree I decided to indulge myself in a touch of retail therapy, so with my debit card at the ready I headed to Oxford Street - or later that same evening, opened my laptop - and bought myself some of the things I had been eyeing up for quite some time. 

Evan Rachel Would shirt: First up was this Evan Rachel Would shirt.  If you haven't heard, Actress Evan Rachel Wood (known for Thirteen, True Blood and Running with Scissors) has launched a campaign inspiring people to be fearless in their decisions. It's a great campaign that is highlighting real issues and is encouraging people all over the world, to take control of their own lives. You can buy the shirts through Wildfang who send out their products insanely fast (I was told it would take 3-5 weeks from the US to the UK, and I got it in three days) , and I was so stoked to find the hand written personalised notecard when I opened the package.  I also picked up an awesome Gwen Stefani x No Doubt 'Just a Girl' shirt, which I haven't pictured as I haven't had a chance to wear yet, but if you keep a check back on my instagram I'm sure It'll be featured at some point or another.  If you want to find out more about the Evan Rachel Would shirts then you can watch the video here, and as she is one of my favourite actresses, I am going to do a little bit of promo, and tell you that you can find out more about her as a person, here and here. QUICK HINT: She is a complete badass!


Lush: I took the opportunity to visit the brand new flagship Lush Store on Oxford street, and picked up one of their brand new in store exclusive bath bombs. At three floors, the store is the biggest Lush Store in the world, and had ample facilities to test, try and sample all the products. I spent a large amount of time on the ground floor talking to Alex, one of their many helpful assistants, who gave me a tour and showed me many of their store only exclusives. After he helped me choose some hair products and got me some samples, I went to the second floor, where I was in bathbomb heaven, and spoke to another lovely assistant who showed me even more store exclusives, including The Experimenter shown to the left,  and she did not judge me when I sat at the FUN play station for at least half an hour attempting to make a diplodocus, which ended up being a tortoise.  I am so glad that they finally have a store of this size, I know it's a little out of the way for me, but due to the exclusive products, and their outstanding customer service,  I think I will definitely be going back to this branch when I next need my fix of Lush.



Hobbycraft has always felt like a second home to me, from the moment I walk in I feel as if I am being wrapped in a blanket where I can just roll around and be as creative as I want. There are only two mottos I live my life by: Never trust a person who doesn't read, and never trust a person who doesn't like Art's and Craft's. I only went in to pick up a large piece of card, and ended picking up all of this.  I have been wanting to start a new scrapbook for years, and as they were on offer for £2.50 I took the opportunity to grab one and also  helped myself to a bunch of other supplies to make the pages look pretty. Since then I have been looking out for other art supplies and knick knacks I can use for my Scrapbook, so if you know of any places where I can get some cool little bits and bobs, let me know. I can't wait to start crafting!!  Psst. Did you know that Students get 10% off! 


Waterstones/Amazon: I can't go on a shopping spree without buying a selection books. I have way too many books on my shelf that I haven't read, and I keep saying I will get through them all eventually, but it's getting to the point where I am running out of space to put them. Heres what I got:
  • The Damned Busters
  • EDGAR ALLEN POE
  • The Shock of the Fall
  • The Colour Purple
  • All the Bright Places
  • Let the Right One in
  • How to Build a Girl
  • The Journals of Sylvia Plath
  • Sin City: The Hard Goodbye
  • Blue is the Warmest Colour
  • Calling Dr. Laura.


Typewriter: I also managed to get my hands on this Silver-Reed Typewriter. I found it on the official British Heart Foundation's ebay shop, with only fifteen minutes left, and started bidding when there was only thirty seconds remaining. Needless to say, I won it for the grand total of fifteen pounds. I haven been wanting one of these for years, but never really found one that I liked/could afford - I strongly believe that anyone that refers to themselves as a writer should own a typewriter; they are fun to use, and once you've got the hang of not messing up the alignment or not making many mistakes, you start to feel a little bit like a pro. It's easy to imagine yourself in the shoes of some of the later greats, tapping away at their typewriters until the wee hours of the morning - or until the people they lived with threatened to throw it out of the window, because it's so noisy.  Although I wouldn't necessarily call myself a writer, I am starting to feel a lot more like one, than what I did a year ago, so the typewriter was a gift to myself (and from my dad) and I guess it symbolises the new found faith I have in myself - yay me.   As I mentioned before, I bought it on the heart foundations official ebay store, which quite often has some good bargains. Why not check them out?


Have you treated yourself to anything nice recently? I'd love to hear about it in the comments section below. 



Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!