Book-tober - A Haul!

Wednesday

Why can't I just have all of the books?
As I have been slightly busy this month, I am going to talk about the books that I have bought over the past few weeks. You may remember me saying back in August that I will not be buying any more books until I have read all the books I have on my shelf, well, that didn't happen. The harder I try to not buy any, the more I end up buying when I eventually give in.

So, what have I got my hands on this month? 

I celebrated my birthday way back at the beginning of October, which as usual means 'National give Kirstie a book day' AKA my favourite day of the year. When it comes to birthdays/Christmas, I send my mum my Amazon book wishlist (as I wouldn't say that we are a fan of the same books,) and she buys me a few of them, along with some other bookish themed gifts that she finds on her travels. This year she bought me


Under the Dome - Stephen King
The Time Machine - H.G Wells
And the Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini 
The Wicked and the Divine - Kieron Gillen (Graphic Novel)



Can we take a moment to appreciate how thick, Under the Dome is? 


My brother bought me a Waterstones gift voucher for by birthday, which I spent pretty much right away on:

The Sleepwalkers guide to Dancing - Mira Jacob
My Heart and other Black Holes - Jasmine Warga 
If You Were Me - Sam Hepburn

I have been wanting to read MH&OBH for a while now, so I am glad that I finally bought it! The other two were spur of the moment purchases, they sounded good so why not!


My friend, Cat loves to send me things from her travels around the world! This month she sent me these AMAZING Once Upon a Time graphic novels! We are both massive fans of the show, I got her into it earlier this year, and she is now completely obsessed, as am I! Come to think of it, I got most of my friends into this show! 

Shadow of the Queen
Out of the Past

I was also sent some bookmail from various people across the interwebs, of which I will be reading and reviewing for you guys very soon. The premise for all of these books seem absolutely great, so I can't wait to get stuck in! 

The Dead Lands - Benjaman Percy
The Lonley - Andrew Michael Hurley
Holy Cow - David Duchovny



Have you picked up any great reads this month? I'd to know what you bought, I'm always looking for inspiration on what I should read next!

Until next time!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!