Twenty-four hours in Amsterdam!

Wednesday

A few weeks ago I took a spontaneous trip to Amsterdam to visit one of my best friends, Cat! She is studying at UvA, and has been on at me for months to come and visit her - and to be honest, I was kind of putting it off, as I am not really a fan of flying, but I am so glad that I did. 

I've only ever been to Amsterdam once before, and that was a school trip when I was thirteen. We visited a lot of the museums, and a tourist hot-spots, so this time I was more interested in seeing the other fascinating places that Amsterdam has to offer. I was, and still am so in love with how pretty Amsterdam is, that I pretty much spent the entire time I was there walking around in awe. 


I love that so much of Amsterdams history is still intact, such as the black houses! Back when The Black Death was sweeping across Europe, any house in Amsterdam where someone was suffering/had died from The Plague, had to be painted black. To this day, they are not allowed to be repainted in a different colour, as the black colour is part of the cities history!

We also found this cute little steak restaurant, and I kid you not, I would happily fly to Amsterdam right now, just so I can eat there again. 



Amsterdam in Autumn is so beautiful, and it made me feel quite inspired, too. Every time I look back at the photos I have a sudden urgency to write and be creative! 

Take a look at some of my photos and you'll see what I mean! 








I really would love to go back sometime soon, but alas, being a student means coursework and deadlines, and being poor, haha! I do want to see more of Europe though, so much history and fascination lies pretty much on my doorstep, so I should really see more of it before I actually have to find a job, and be limited to holiday restrictions and blah blah blah. Any recommendations as to where I should visit next?

What is the prettiest place you have ever been to?

Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram || Flickr || Goodreads  



** 
Update 12/11/15
I flew from London Heathrow to Amsterdam Schiphol with KLM. It only cost me £153, which I thought was a decent price, as I didn't have to pay for accommodation (THANKS, CAT!) Travelling around the city was really easy too, as I bought at two day travel card, which allowed me to travel to and from the airport, plus around the city, using buses, trams and trains!

1 comment

  1. I absolutely LOVE Amsterdam! I will make it my home one day! Its so nice to see someone else talk about it in such a good light! Looks like you had a lovely time!

    Grace xxx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here!