REVIEW || Find Her - Lisa Gardner

Thursday


“There’s no rewind, or erasing, or unmaking. The things that happened, they are you, you are them. You can escape, but you can’t get away. Just the way it is.” 

I don't think I can explain how excited I am about this book.  I don't usually read Crime-Thrillers as they aren't my thing, but when I was given the opportunity to read and review Find Her*, I couldn't say yes fast enough.

I was at work when it arrived. My mother rang me to tell me that I had a package, so I bribed her to bring it down to me so I could open it. I pretty much tore it open and (much to by bosses dismay) started to read it immediately. I was hooked by the first page.

If you're looking for a new crime-thriller novel to sink your teeth into? Then you should definitely check out Find Her!




What is it about?
Flora is not a tough cookie to crack. She is strong, in mind, body and spirit; she is intelligent, and she has been kidnapped, again.

Flora Dane was kidnapped and locked in a box for 472 days. After returning home she became preoccupied with other kidnapping victims, including the case of Stacey Summers, which has led her to a far greater danger than she was ever in before.  The police are now looking for both missing women, but Flora is a fighter, and all she wants to do is find Stacey.

Review
I was unaware that this book was part of a series. Is this a good thing? I would say yes as whilst reading it I did not feel that I was missing any context or underlying motifs/plot arcs. I'm glad that I didn't know it was part of a series because if I did, I probably would have put off reading through fear of missing out on what I mentioned above.

I found the construction of the novel to be somewhat distracting, however, once I got past the first few chapters I really enjoyed how it flicked back and forth between present Flora, past Flora, and present detectives. The characters that Gardener has created are believable to a certain point, and her style of writing really fits

What I really love about this book is the unreliability of Flora. She is strong and independent, but she also has a habit of putting herself in unsafe situations in order to exact justice on men who would ordinarily cause her harm. Has her experience of being a victim possibly forced her into becoming a vigilante?

Should you read it?
This is a great book for people that are finding their feet within the crime genre. It's not too heavy on the 'cop-talk' nor is it all action and needless drama; it's a perfect balance.

For fans of:
After She's Gone - Lisa Jackson & Fool me Once - Harlen Coben


I'd love to know what you think! 

Kirstie xoxo 

Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram || Flickr || Goodreads 

You can buy the book from wherever you can buy books from including Amazon!
Hardcover/ebook released - February 2016
Paperback coming October 2016

*Advanced copy was supplied by Headline for a non-bias review. 

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!