BOOKS TO READ THIS SUMMER

Wednesday

G
Summer is the perfect time to throw yourself at your bookshelf and get on top of some much-needed reading, however, if you're anything like me it could take you half the summer to actually figure out what you want to read. So I have put together a guide of book categories to help you decide what to read over the next few months, and I have included some examples from my own bookshelf.


A BOOK YOU HAVE BEEN MEANING TO READ FOR A WHILE

For me this one is easy, The Murder in the Rue Morgue and Other Tales has been on my TBR list for years. Past me even bought it in an attempt to force future me to read it, but future me always ended up reading something else. 

A BOOK YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET 'INTO'
Damned Busters. I tried to read this last summer, I really did try, but the writing style kept throwing me off. The idea behind is something I can get behind (A guy accidentally summons a demon whilst playing poker) so I am willing to give it another try. 


A BOOK YOU HAVE READ BEFORE
I love I'll Give You the Sun. I love it so much that I went to an author event and got her (Jandy Nelson) to sign my copy. Her descriptions are wonderful, and the way she tells both halves of the story is incredible. You can read my review here! 

A NOVEL THAT INSPIRED A MOVIE
The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I have actually read this one before too, but I figured it's the perfect example of a book that also has a movie counterpart.  I loved the book when I first read it in the mid-2000's, and I loved the movie when it came out too. It is one of my favourite book to movie adaptations and I have recommended it to quite a few people. 


A BIOGRAPHY/A BOOK BY SOMEONE 'OF NOTE'
My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking and Going with Your Gut. Okay, I wouldn't normally equal a popular Youtuber to someone with celebrity status, but this is about as close as it gets for me when it comes to books written by 'celebrities'.  Most of them are trashy autobiographies, but I made an exception when Hannah Hart released hers and I am so glad I did. I really like it (I also have Grace and Mamries too. Yay Holy Trinity!)



What books would you recommend to read this summer? 


Kirstie xoxo

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!