FEBRUARY FAVOURITES

Wednesday


Wow, this month has flown by, don't you think? I know February is a short month, but woah.


I have recently finished reading The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion. It was recommended to me about four  years ago by an old tutor of mine. however, I never got around to reading it. I cannot remember why she recommended it to me, but when I saw it in the library the other week, I instantly thought of her. It was a really good read, and I would recommend it to anyone that thinks about death a lot.

I am hoping to read a lot more books next month, so please let me know if you have any recommendations. Are we friends on Goodreads yet? I am always sharing my latest reads on there!

I went to my first blog meet up this month too, as well as finally getting to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Aside from the growing existential crisis, February has been kinda great - plus it is ending on a day that is dedicated to freaking pancakes! How do you like yours? I personally love mine stuffed with peaches and covered in white chocolate. yum!!!


READ EAT BLOG


As I said before, I went to my first blogging meet up this month, and I really enjoyed it. I had put off going to meet ups in the past, as new places, new people, and new situations make me nervous. I tweeted on the tag to see if anyone would be interested in meeting before hand and luckily Lisa Mae  and Ali replied. We met up at Waterloo and then headed over to the restaurant to meet up with the other bloggers attending.

It was really nice to meet the people behind the blogs that I have been casually following for a while - it was kinda weird, though, because you already know a lot about them even though you have never met before. I think now that I have done it once, I will most probably look out for more events in the future!

BOOKED A TRIP TO PARIS

 Paris was the first city in Europe (outside of the UK) that I ever visited, and because of that, it will always hold a special little place in my heart. I do agree that it is a little bit overrated, but I can't help but go back whenever I get the chance. My mum mentioned that she would like to go to Paris as she has never been, so I got straight online and booked us a trip for the end of next month; her birthday is soon, so I have told her that it is her birthday and Mothers day present all rolled into one. I am now broke for the foreseeable future, so I hope she appreciates it.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD

I have already reviewed this so I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that it is awesome and you should go and watch it.  I would very much love to go and see it again, along with countless other plays that are currently on at the West End.


LEGO STORE LEICESTER SQUARE

I got to hang out in the Lego Store in Leicester Square which was awesome. It reminded me of being a kid again! They have Lego replicas of London landmarks, plus they have Lego stations all around the shop so you can build your own little models - I took a little bit of inspiration from Die Hard for mine, ahaha! If you are ever near Leicester Square, I recommend popping in for a visit.

How was your February?

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!