MARCH FAVOURITES

Friday


My brain did a little bit of a swan dive towards the end of last month. I had planned to write a bunch of blog posts, and share some really cool products, books and experiences with you guys, but my brain wouldn't have any of it. The more I tried to get stuff done, the more I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a fork.


I think it is because I had a friend come to stay with me for a week, so it threw my brain out of sync, and it has only taken me until to catch my breath and analyse the state of my life. It's weird isn't it, how one thing can throw your life into chaos. I loved having my friend come to visit, we had such a great time - it's just the aftermath that I hate. Brains are really weird.

I will write more on my weird brain at some point, but for now, let's get on to some positives.

Aside from the brain thing, I had a pretty cool month. I went to the cinema, I ate a lot of food, I went to Paris, and did I mention that my friend came to visit?


BOOK LAUNCH - THE JUNGLE 

I went to the book launch of the highly anticipated novel, The Jungle written by, Pooja Puri. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but after hearing her read the opening at the launch I already know it is going to be a good read.

It is based on the refugee crisis in Calais, a topic that is frequently in the news. I honestly recommend you all go out and buy the book because it is going to be huge. I can smell an award or two in the air...


BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 

I saw Beauty and the Beast twice within the same week. It was fantastic, I had the songs stuck in my head for days after, and omg, Emma Watson was perfect as Belle. Plus the added scenes and songs? So good. If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for?

ALADDIN 
I went to see Aladdin in London, and omg, it was amazing. The hype is so worth it. I am going to write a review in a week or so, so I won't say too much but trust me, it is so so so good! 

NASTY WOMEN

404 Ink published Nasty Women, a collection of essays written by women from all different backgrounds and walks of life. The pieces I have been reading over the past few weeks have both gripped me and left me blown away. These woman and their powerful voices are the future, and I am so proud of every one of them.

FOOD

I ate a lot of food this month. A lot.


I got to visit Bill's for the first time, which was fantastic. The food was great, the atmosphere was perfect, and the pink lemonade is to die for. I wish there was one closer to home, I would be going all the time. Hahaa.


I went to The Diner. which is an old favourite of mine - they are a chain of American style diners across London; I have never had a bad experience in any of their branches and the food is always great, so great that we ordered half of the menu, and did not move until we had finished everything.

My best friend took me out to dinner, to this fancy as fuck steak restaurant. It probably wasn't fancy in the grand scheme of things, but it was definitely fancy for me. The food was out of this world, a life changing experience - any food that I have eaten since then has been a bland pile of smoosh compared to the mouth-watering mix of flavours I got to enjoy at Goodman's. It was here that I discovered that I like lobster, which makes me really sad because I have spent so long boycotting lobster (I don't agree with the whole boiling alive thing) but it tastes so good.  Ugh. I wish I would have got a picture of the food just so I could show you.

WINDSOR CASTLE


I went to Windsor Castle when I was a kid, and I loved it - especially the room covered in family crests, so it was great being able to go back there and appreciate it as an adult. I think I am going to start revisiting some of my favourite heritage sites this summer so you can expect loads of updates!

Parts of the castle were closed off when I went as the queen was in residence. Yes. I was wondering around the queen's house... whilst she was home. I didn't bump into her though... gutted.

PARIS

I took my mum to Paris as a joint Christmas, birthday, and mothers day present. I will write more on this in a future post, but we had a great time and she absolutely loved climbing the Eiffel tower!


How was your March? 



Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!