Christmas adventure!!

Saturday

Hey guys, I hope you're all getting into the Christmas spirit - or at least not getting sick of it yet, haha!   Yesterday, I got to meet up with my friend Mark, we've been friends for years, but ever since he moved away, I never get to see him. Unless he comes to London, or I travel to Norwich, we only see each other on Facetime, so when he came to London yesterday, it's fair to say I was a wee bit excited.  

I took him on a Christmas adventure, starting at Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, and ending at Five Guys in Leicester Square, not to mention a detour round the back of Oxford Street, where I told him I knew exactly where we were, and where we were going (I didn't have the foggiest.) 



Anyway, I thought I would share some of my photos with you guys, and hopefully give you some ideas of what to do, if you're about in London, this holiday season!  
Winter Wonderland: A pop up fair ground, complete with mulled wine, German Christmas markets, and food from around the world. Llama burger anyone?
Of course a trip to the fair isn't complete without a Toffee Apple! 


We then made our way to Trafalgar Square, to see the Christmas Tree! Fun Fact: Our Christmas tree is gifted to us every year from the tree capital of the world Norway, as way to say thanks for our help during the war.  Okay I made the bit up about it being the tree capital of the world, but they do have a lot of tree's!

In all honesty, I'm not that impressed with the tree this year. It's not very tall, it's not very bushy, and it's not very green.  Sort it out, Norway.  But saying that, we could have done a better job of decorating the thing. 

This bird wasn't impressed at the tree either. I named him Florence. 

Birdception. 

And finally we ended up at Five Guys, home of the best burger I have ever had in my entire life. Mark Had never been, so we ventured to this heavenly fast food munchery, so he could sample their wonderful range of yummyness.  My stomach is rumbling just thinking about it. 


It was a great day out, and the weather lasted for us as well, not a cloud in sight! 

What are you guys planning on doing over Christmas? Any thing you could recommend?
Let me know, I'm always interested in what you're up to! 






2 comments

  1. It looks like you had a great day. I will be spending the Christmas period at home with my family and doing some studying for my postgrad course. The studying is certainly not something I recommend over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'll probably be writing my personal statement for my postgrad, as well as studying for my current degree, so you wont be the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here!