What I am watching on Netflix : TV SHOWS

Tuesday

I have to admit that one of my favourite things to do is snuggle up under the dim light of my laptop, and binge-watch TV shows on Netflix. There is no such thing as 'just one more episode' am I right?

Netflix has so much great content, both new and old so I figured I would share a few of my favourites. 


BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 



There was no question about putting this on my list. Growing up I watched a lot of Buffy, I could and still can recite episodes word for word. Probably not something I should put on my CV, but definitely something I am semi proud of.

Even though I have them all on DVD, I have been rewatching them on Netflix and filling my life with cheesy late 90's - early 00's nostalgia. This is the show that started my love affair with Joss Whedon's work.  If you're a fan of the vampires, the supernatural, girls that can kick butt, and strong character portrayal, then you should definitely check out Buffy the Vampire Slayer

FIREFLY

Speaking of Joss Whedon. If you haven't seen Firefly you are seriously missing out. This is one of my favourite shows of all time, and I am still mildly pissed about it being cancelled after only one season. It had so much potential, believable characters, a great story arch, a plot that worked! I am still hoping for a revival.

This is a Sci-fi drama'esque adventure show, about Captain Reynolds and his (somewhat) outlaw crew aboard their ship, Serenity. They travel across the universe, completing jobs for whoever is paying them that week, whilst trying to avoid the Alliance and Reavers.

If you love Scifi, then Firefly is definitely one to watch.

ARCHER

Archer is so stupid that I can't help but love it! I first watched an episode of this on TV whilst I was in the US earlier this year and was so happy when I found out that it was on Netflix UK.

The show is an animated series based on the fictional International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) and the semi-functional employees that work there. Title character Sterling Archer sees himself as a world class spy, but in actual fact, he is just very lucky and drunk almost all of the time.

My favourite things about this show is the long-running joke where Archers mother, head of ISIS, is convinced that Archers father is a member of the KGB, only she is unsure which member.

If you are a fan of adult animated series' such as American Dad or Bobs Burgers, then you will probably be a fan of Archer, too.

HUSTLE 

I remember watching this show when it was first broadcast on the BBC. My dad and I don't really have a lot in common when it comes to TV shows, but we both loved this. At the time, I hadn't seen anything like it before and instantly hooked me.

Though the show is essentially about criminals, you can't help but root for them. You want them to get away with stealing the money, or the priceless artifact.

This is one of those shows that leave you guessing until the last minute. You know that they have taken the item, or gotten away with something, but they don't tell you how until just before the show ends. My dad and I would try and piece things together to work out how they did it before they told us, and most of the time we were wrong, but the few times that we were right we were convinced that we should apply for jobs at Mi6.

If you like TV shows that get you thinking, then Hustle is one to look for.

So there we have it, that's what I'm watching at the moment.  If you haven't seen any of the shows I have mentioned then I honestly recommend that you throw the rest of your plans for the day into the air, grab some cookies, and settle in for some high-quality entertainment*

I'd love to hear some of your recommendations, I am always looking to add shows to my 'to watch' list. What is your favourite thing to binge-watch?

Kirstie xoxo 



*My taste in TV shows is pretty much the bees knees.





Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!