Sarah Millican: Outsider

Friday

Last Sunday I went to see the amazing Sarah Millican at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. I have loved Sarah Millican for so long, so seeing her live was an immense experience. She has such a fantastic stage presence and captured the attention of the audience throughout her entire set. By the time we left my sides were hurting from laughing so much. I really didn't want the show to end.


Our seats were pretty close, so we had a good view of the stage not that the view really mattered, as there weren't any visuals except from her own body language.

My favourite part of the evening was when she read a letter from a fan, who turned out used to bully her at school. She then went on to read her reply which said simply said 'I do not remember you very fondly.' There wasn't any faff, or putting the bully in her place, she rose above it and showed that you can become the bigger person. Seriously, Sarah Millican is a gem, and I am so glad that I finally got to see her live.

I went to see her with my friend Rob, who I am hoping you will all get to know in the next few weeks, as he will be hijacking my blog whilst I am on holiday - I have been told to expect embarrasing photos, haha! We have quite a similar sense of humour, so we were both in stitches over Sarah Millican. We definitely want to go and see a lot more comedy live in the future.

At the end of the show, everyone was given a free badge that either said 'Flower' or 'Pet' two words Sarah says quite frequently throughout the show. It must be a Northerner thing, because I have never met anyone from London that refers to another person as Flower, or Pet.  She went into detail and said that we should take a Flower one if we were pretty much self sufficent, and Pet if you require a little bit of mothering. I took Flower, and Rob took Pet.


If you get a chance to go and see Sarah Millican, or any live stand-up comedy act, then go for it. It is so much better than seeing it on the TV.

Have you seen any live stand up? Isn't the atmosphere just great!


Kirstie xoxo 

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!