Current 'To Be Read' List:

Friday

I mentioned before, that I am one of those people that buys books quicker than I can read them, but it wasn't until this afternoon that I came to realise how much of a problem this is. Just in my bedroom I have 147 books - not including textbooks - and I have read 49 of them. FORTY - NINE. I hate to think what that total number would be if I were to include the books on the bookshelf in my office. Because of this, I have decided to organize my reading habits, and hopefully allow myself to read as many of the unread ones before I have book-buying withdrawal symptoms, and find myself drooling all over the windows of Waterstones Uxbridge. Haha!

My organization plan is simple. I choose five books, stacking them neatly beside my bed, and then I do not buy another book until I finished those five. Once I have read all five books, I can then add a further five books, and keep doing so until I have read the 98 books that I am yet to read, although by that point, I will have another nineteen books to go, and after those, it'll be three - that's if I done the maths right, I have never been one for maths. 

My current TBR list is compromised of some books I bought recently, plus a few resident shelf sitters. 

I am currently reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, which I bought about four or five years ago, after reading The Kite Runner for my English Literature A Level. So Far it is pretty good, and judging by Khaled Hosseini's previous work, I already know that it is going to get better. 

Next is Phillip Pullmans, Nothern Lights, a book that I only bought recently but have been ordered to read at least seven times in the past year. It has never interested be before, but I figure it's worth a try if everyone has said so many great things about it!

Third on the list is, About a Boy, another book that has never really interested me before, but I have been asked to read it as part of Kingston Universities Big Read, where the uni are giving this book to all of its students for free, in order to get them reading, and to give everyone something in common. I'm a big fan of books, especially free ones, so no complaints here! 

The fourth is, How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran. I swore I would never read this book as the author shares a last name with someone who I used to know (who turned into a massive penis face), but after accidentally reading the first page in Poundland a few months ago, I pushed my vendetta to one side and decided to give it a go. 

And finally there is:  The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy. This is my favourite book in the entire universe,  and I reread it at least once a year. What I love most, is that my edition is the trilogy in four parts, meaning that I can read one of the stories, then read a few other books, and then come back to it a month or two later and read another one of the short stories. Plus, even though the movie was terrible, every time I read Marvin I can't help but think of Alan Rickman and LOL a little. 

So there we have it, my current TBR list. I'm looking forward to making my way through these and then scouring my Amazon Book Wishlist to choose my reward. I'd love to know if you have any recommendations! 


Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!