LIFESTYLE || Ninja Book Swap

Monday


I recently had the pleasure of taking part in the #Ninjabookswap. It was the first time I had taken part, and had signed up on a whim, but I am so glad that I did, as I had such a great time choosing gifts for my partner, and I really loved what I received too. If you ever get the chance to take part in a book swap, then you should do it, after all, book mail is the best mail!



The Ninja Book Swap sets you up with a partner, and the idea behind it is that you then send your partner some bookish related gifts, whilst the person that has been partnered with you buys you gifts.

When signing up, I had to fill out a short form telling the organisers who I was, my likes and dislikes, and whether or not I was prepared to send internationally, and that was it. A few weeks later I got an email with my partners details (including her amazon wishlist) and the rest is history!

I received some great gifts from Ceri  including a copy of The Virgin Suicides, which I have been meaning to read for so long (I'm guessing that I don't have any excuses now), and she even included the DVD, which I haven't watched yet as I want to wait until I finish the book.







I love what Ceri sent me, and I am really glad that we got paired together as we both have a great love of Greys Anatomy and non-romance books. There was also a cat shaped pen, but I forgot to photograph it. My favourite thing that Ceri sent me was the book of Scottish Fairytales - I love fairytales especially ones from other countries, backgrounds and cultures, so this has filled me with loads of inspiration for a project that I am currently working on. She also wrapped up each gift which made the parcel feel extra special - Christmas in March!

I was partnered with Rachel and sent her a bunch of goodies which you can take a look at over on her twitter as I foolishly didn't take any photos of what I included before I mailed it to her!

Ninjabookswap partners people up twice a year, so if you missed this one, keep your eyes peeled so you can take part in the next one later this year!


Kirstie xoxo 

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!