MY DREAM WEDDING

Tuesday

Everywhere I look at the moment, I am inundated with wedding photos. It seems as if the world and its mother are all getting married - people younger than me, people that have only known each other for five minutes; meanwhile I am edging closer to thirty, and I am yet to find someone that I can tolerate being around for more than ten seconds.

I would love to get married, but the older I get the more I start to believe that it is never going to happen.  I am a socially awkward weirdo who would rather spend all her time inside... it's hard to meet new people when you don't venture outside your own comfort zone very often.

Even though I am probably going to die alone, surrounded by cats and piles of unread books, I still can't help but want to plan my dream wedding.  I have a whole bunch of ideas, and as I am probably never going to get married, I invite you all to scroll through this post of fantasy and pretend you are at the worlds greatest wedding.


G
LOCATION
I want an outside wedding. Not right in the middle of nowhere, maybe in the gardens of a fancy estate building, but there have to be lots of trees nearby, preferably a forest... or at least a small wood. I love candles, however, I'd rather not have an open flame in a wooded area, so fairy lights all around the trees will provide lighting... this is very much a Pinterest wedding!

I definitely want to spend as much time outside as possible, so I'll have a marquee or an old barn type building with old bits of wood about etc..  for the reception and sit down meal; this will also be filled with fairy lights.

If the venue has Jasmine or Wisteria that will be an added bonus as they are my favourite flowers.




FOOD
You can bet your arse I have been thinking about what food I want at my wedding. For a start there will be a lot of bread - Bread Baskets on all the table, with a variety of my favourite bread. Tiger, Garlic, Cheese and Herb, Bruschetta... basically a lot of bread; and what goes better with bread than soup?  As for the rest of the meal, it'll be food full of flavour. Think Mediterranean. Stuffed Mushrooms, halloumi, risotto, pizza, pasta, potatoes! Carb overload.

I am torn when it comes to food available for the evening - Either a BBQ, or a Subway'esq sammich stand. Something easy - handheld food!

Each tier of the wedding cake will be a different flavour. Lemon & Poppy Seed, Chocolate & Raspberry, and  Chocolate & Vanilla.


g
DRESS
So I will admit that this is the section I have thought about the least - I know that I don't want anything too fancy or too elegant, plus it will have to go with whatever boots or Converse/Vans I decide to wear as I cannot wear heels to save my life.  I definitely want to have a bit of sparkle though. You can't have a wedding without sparkle.


What does your dream wedding look like?


g

If you're any closer to planning your big day than I am, then I would definitely recommend Bijou Wedding Venues  They cover everything from the venue, the food, the dress, and everything in between! 

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing this post on your social media platforms, or buying me aKo-fi 

Buying me a Ko-fi not only shows your support but allows me to continue doing what I love on an almost regular basis. 



16 comments

  1. I bloody love weddings. When I was in the planning stages of mine, I spent hours and hours on Pinterest. We had a Caribbean beach wedding that was small, intimate and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! I can just imagine the waves and sand and the sun!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute wedding idea. My dream wedding wouldn't necessarily be on the beach but maybe a cliff or hill top area looking over the sea. I think that is such a cute romantic view to get married in front of. Although will probably never happen we can all dream though!

    Rebecca Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cliff top wedding sounds beautiful - I can just imagine the waves crashing beneath and the sun setting!

      Delete
  3. This was so fun to read! I love the idea of an outside wedding, too! Surrounded by trees and flowers and nature sounds like such a great way to start a life together. Also, yes please to the carb overload! I love how many options and flavors are in your wedding food. It makes me hungry just reading about it! ☺️ Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside weddings will forever be my favourite, and you can never go wrong with carbs, haha!

      Delete
  4. I recently went to a wedding that was outdoors and it was lovely :) And for the meal they did a huge lamb roast with dishes and dishes of veg and potatoes and it was SO yummy, literally everyone devoured the whole thing.

    I definitely don’t think you’ll die alone with cats and books 💚

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing. Honestly, for me, food is the most important part of the day!

      Delete
  5. Firstly, you are VERY far away from 30, and even if you were ten years older than you are now, you're not going to die alone! It's not a race and you're better off waiting for the perfect person than hurrying down the aisle with the wrong one just cause you've set yourself a time limit.
    Secondly, your wedding sounds amazing - can I come? I love outdoorsy weddings, I wanted one like that but alas circumstances stopped us. We got married in a 'cave' so had lots of fairy lights and candles around and it was lovely, but some trees and a barn would've been my ideal!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cave wedding sounds amazing! I would love to see photos.

      Of course you can come to the wedding, I am going to need someone to take awesome blog worthy photos for me, haha!

      Delete
  6. Wow I’ve never heard of anyone who had thought about their dress the least (also I relate to not being able to find someone I tolerate sm) this post is so cuuute I love it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably think about it a lot more when it's something I have to worry about, haha! I have a very weird relationship with clothes!

      Part of me wishes I could have an arranged marriage just so take the stress out of finding someone.

      Delete
  7. Outdoor wedding are always so so beautiful!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all of the bread! An outdoor wedding sounds perfect too. My husband and I had a very small wedding but if we could do it again, something outdoors, very Pinterest inspired would definitely be at the top of my list x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’ve chosen so many beautiful photos for this post, I love them! An outdoor wedding would be amazing. I’m sure you’ll get to experience it one day!

    Vicki | www.missviclb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh this looks and sounds so beautiful! I want to take out the marriage part for me and just create a wedding anyway with tons of cats and cake xD I KNOW you will get to experience it one day :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like :D)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here!