Bloggers Favourite Book (Part 4)

Thursday


As we are almost coming to the end of #Bloggersfavouritebook, I thought the penultimate post should be from one of my favourite Internet peoplez, Codie!  I can't remember following her, and I feel TERRIBLE for saying this, but I do not follow her blog either (SAD FACE) (I really should though because I ended up scrolling through it for ages just now and got distracted from writing this, by reading some great posts, and watching her boyfriend do her makeup on youtube!) (To be fair, I am really bad at keeping up to date with blogs as I spend a lot of time on buses, and the small screen on my phone hurts my eyes) but I stalk her on twitter, and we both LOVELOVELOVE I'll Give You The Sun, so if that isn't a reason for someone to be one your favourite Internet peoplez, then I don't know what is.  (PLUS, she's Codiekinz, and I'm Kirstiekins, so basically we are both awesome.)

ANYWAY! Let's pick her brain and find out about her reading habits, and the books she loves!

Who are you/what is your URL? (Tell the world who you are! A little self-promo never hurt anyone.)
I am Codie! I blog over at www.codiekinz.co.uk and talk to a camera on www.youtube.com/codiekinzzz. I enjoy wine, superheroes, and being barefoot.

Do you have any weird/strange reading habits?
I don’t think it’s weird, but everyone seems to find it odd that I can read in the car or on a bus/train. Apparently that makes most people feel sick. I couldn’t imagine not reading in the car - it’s my main reading place!

Favourite genres?
I am a huge fan of young adult fiction - It seems more ‘mature’ than a lot of the chick-lit I used to read!

What was the last book you read, and would you recommend it?
I just finished Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff (amazing surname!). It was... ‘meh’. It was okay, but it dragged a lot and wasn’t particularly original or groundbreaking. Also, there seemed to be a whole load of loopholes.

List your three favourite books, of ALL time:(I cannot do favourite books of all time. I am useless. Instead, I’m gonna have to do my favourite books at the moment)

1 I’ll give you the sun - Jandy Nelson

2 Forward Slash - Mark Edwards (the only horror/thriller/crime book I’ve read)

3 Paper Airplanes - Dawn O’Porter


Thinking of the first book you mentioned, why is it your favourite?
Ugh. Dude. I cannot even. It is so clever and beautifully written and heart-wrenching and unlike anything I’ve ever read. I just... ugh. So many feels.

What would you say to anyone that was thinking of reading it?
Stop thinking about it and just do it!

If you could be any character, from any novel, who would it be, and why?
Probably either Lola, Isla or Anna from the Stephanie Perkins books. I just really enjoy their stories and they seem like pretty cool characters.

Who is your least favourite character from any novel, and why?
Cliched but Umbridge from Harry Potter makes my blood boil. I cannot stand the woman.


What is your least favourite novel, and why?
Recently I’ve not enjoyed ‘My heart and other Black Holes’. It was very predictable and unrealistic and I hate the whole ‘if you’re feeling suicidal you just need a boyfriend/girlfriend to “fix” you’ thing. Blergh.

If you could change the ending of any novel, what would it be? And what would you have happen instead?
I think I’d want to change the ending of Harry Potter. Don’t get me wrong, I love the series. I have a tattoo of the deathly hallows! And I'm fine with it having a happy ending where (spoiler alert) Harry lives & Voldy dies BUT just the fact that everyone ends up happy together, perfectly, with their perfect jobs and stupidly named children just bugs me a bit.

And finally, the real juicy gossip that everyone wants to know: Snog, Mary, Avoid!

Edgar Allen Poe, Sylvia Plath, J.K Rowling?


Snog Sylvia (I think she’d be very passionate), Marry JK and Avoid Poe (soz bro)


Cthulhu, Gandalf, Doctor Frankenstein?
Snog Dr F, Marry Gandalf and Avoid Cthulhu.


Douglas Adams, Stephen King, Ali Smith?
Difficult. I’d Snog King just to say I had. Marry Ali Smith & Avoid Douglas Adams.

_____

Aww, poor Cthulhu everyone keeps avoiding him!

Thank you so much for taking part, Codie! As I am sure you are aware, you have a great taste in literature, and I have added a few of the books you mentioned to my wishlist.

If you want to pick Codie's brain some more, you can find her over at www.codiekinz.co.uk, or I'm sure if you leave a comment below she will get back to you!

ALSO. SRLSY GUYZ. GO READ I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN. IT'S FULL OF FEELINGS AND AWESOME, AND I FINISHED IT WEEKS AGO, AND I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT IT.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!