Yes Please - Amy Poehler || REVIEW

Thursday


I fucking love this book. I don't usually swear on the blog, what with me trying to be semi-professional and all that, but I feel that fucking is the only suitable adjective that can be used to describe, Yes Please.

I downloaded the audiobook earlier this week, thanks to a free audible trial, and started listening straight away. If it isn't known to you, I am very old fashioned when it comes to literature; if it's not in book form, then I don't wanna know. I don't do kindles, and until earlier this week I avoided audio books - I much prefer holding the book and reading the words for myself. 

I always thought audiobooks shouldn't be considered as 'reading', simply because you are not actually reading, but I made an exception for Yes Please. I had already heard so many great things about it, all of which are more than true, (it's laugh out loud in the middle of a crowded bus funny, and it makes you think, like,  REALLY think) but what sold it for me for was the fact that, Amy Poehler was the one who was reading it! 

When a world famous comedian writes a book, you know it's going to be funny. When a world famous comedian reads their book to you, you know it's going to be even funnier. And that's what Amy Poehler did. I can't imagine having the same reaction to so many parts if Amy hadn't been throwing her voice or making sound effects or adding her own opinions. I urge you all to read the book, but I am encouraging you all to start an audible free trial, download the book, and listen to it. Listen in the car, on the bus, in the shower, or whilst you're supposed to be doing something else.

What is is about?
Well, It's a memoir. And in this memoir, Amy Poehler talks about her life, her career, her ability to time travel, and how all of this relates to who she is.  Yes, I said time travel, and no I am not lying.

She tells us stories from her past, the history of the UCB, how she got into comedy and what it is really like working on Saturday Night Live, all from her private audio-booth at the bottom of Mount Rushmore.  There are readings from her friends and family, sound clips from Parks and Rec, and a whole lot of laughing from start to finish.

Should you read it?
No. Don't read it. You would be stupid if you read it. LISTEN TO IT.  Curl up under a blanket with a hot chocolate and listen to the soothing sound of Amy reading you her novel! If you're still undecided, you can sign up for a free thirty-day audible trial and download Yes Please (or any other book) for free!!

For fans of: Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, SNL, Bossy Pants, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?



I am thinking of adding a few more audiobooks to my collection, is there any that you would recommend?

PS. Shout out to my cracked iPhone screen!


Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here!